Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trails and Tribulations


This little girl, caused me serious problems last night.

I was at work, and I had a very busy day. (Never a dull moment doing server support for Citigroup.)

After my shift was over, all I wanted to do was go home, eat and relax. My day started off on the wrong foot. I left my house with only the money in my jeans. Ten dollars, hardly enough to survive in Tribecca for the day. Ate breakfast and toughed it out for the day.

Time to go home! Have my camera gear with me, testing some settings for night action photography. Turned my car on while I was shooting. I was satisfied with the results of the experiment. Put my camera on the passenger side and closed the door. Oh my lord.

Once my car is turned on, the doors automatically lock. So that was my problem, doors locked without a single cent in my pocket. I had money at home, but my house keys are attached to my car keys.

After a few hours in the cold, I was able to have a friend come down and bring me some money to pay Pop a Lock. 85 Dollars and it took the guy 60 seconds to get into my vehicle.

Lesson learned. Don’t keep your house keys on the same key ring as your car keys. I also gave my best friend a copy of my house keys.

---Foot Note---

Now that I look at the picture I chose of AthEna, it's in the same exact place. Talk about adding insult to injury. I should have just given the glass one of these kicks and it would have all been over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment